Workers hospitalised after inhaling lead paint

Construction firms have been reminded to avoid injury compensation claims after two employees of a Perthshire company were taken to hospital with lead poisoning.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) prosecuted Blairish Restorations after it failed to identify the lead paint at a renovation project at Findynate House in Strathtay.

This meant that workers were exposed to and ingested lead dust over a period of several months in 2008, leading to the hospitalisation of two workers.

HSE inspector Gary Stimpson said that the case underlines the importance of contractors taking responsibility for the safety of their sites to avoid work injuries.

"Exposure to lead can result in significant and debilitating symptoms such as anaemia, nausea and constipation and even nerve, brain and/or kidney damage," he added.

It follows news that HSE has launched a crackdown on construction sites, which has seen inspectors making unannounced visits to a number of locations this month.ADNFCR-2070-ID-19677258-ADNFCR

Workers hospitalised after inhaling lead paint

call now 

01329 227974