Security firm fined GBP 7k over death of employee

A Glasgow-based security firm has been fined GBP 7,000 after one of its employees died from carbon monoxide poisoning in an accident at work.

Thomas Fraser, 37, had been working as a security guard for Alpha Group Security Ltd on a construction site at Ann Street in Burnbank, Hamilton, on the day of his death – February 6th 2008.

Mr Fraser was in an onsite flat which was used as a base for employees when he actually died.

Carbon monoxide fumes from a portable power generator built up in the flat as there was not adequate ventilation.

Following the case, Health and Safety Executive inspector Adrian Tinson said: "This tragic incident should never have happened. It is the clear duty of those who create risks to manage them and to implement safe systems of work."

Back in April, Clyde Valley Housing Association Limited, which owned the construction site, was fined GBP 70,000 over the incident.

Posted by Wayne WeirADNFCR-2070-ID-19830309-ADNFCR

Security firm fined GBP 7k over death of employee

call now 

01329 227974