Personal injury compensation – Huddersfield landlord fined for ignoring safety issues

A Huddersfield man who rented out his home has been fined GBP 3,000 for failing to act on numerous warnings to have gas appliances in the property safety-checked, putting tenants at risk of personal injury.

Anthony Brownson was contacted by Kirklees Council and then by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) several times between May 2010 and March 2011.

Leeds Magistrates’ Court heard that he persistently ignored requests by the council and HSE to produce a landlord’s Gas Safety Record for his home in Lane Top, Linthwaite.

Mr Brownson pleaded guilty to a breach of gas safety regulations by failing to carry out an annual safety check on gas appliances between April 2007 and March 2011.

He also admitted an offence of failing to comply with an Improvement Notice between December 2010 and March 2011.

HSE inspector Dr Angus Robbins said: “In addition to the risks of fires and explosions from faulty gas appliances, many people are made ill, and some 20 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning every year owing to poorly-maintained gas appliances.”

Posted by Alison Spriggs
ADNFCR-2070-ID-800752325-ADNFCR

Personal injury compensation – Huddersfield landlord fined for ignoring safety issues

call now 

01329 227974