Housing association fined GBP 70,000 over death of security guard

Clyde Valley Housing Association Limited has been fined GBP 70,000 after a security guard died from carbon monoxide poisoning while at work, those seeking injury compensation for a deceased loved one may be interested to hear.

Hamilton Sheriff Court was told that, on February 6th 2008, the security guard was working at a construction site in Burbank, Hamilton, when he was overcome with fumes from a petrol generator.

The company, which is based on Scott Street, Motherwell, pleaded guilty to breaching section 3(1) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, when they appeared in court at the end of last month.

According to the Health and Safety Executive, carbon monoxide kills around 20 people a year.

It warns that the gas is particularly dangerous as it cannot be seen, tasted or smelt and can kill quickly or cause serious harm to health such as paralysis and brain damage.

People could potentially claim injury compensation if they suffer such harm due to shortfalls in safety measures in the workplace.

Posted by Trevor BakerADNFCR-2070-ID-19716493-ADNFCR

Housing association fined GBP 70,000 over death of security guard

call now 

01329 227974