Hundreds of holidaymakers are seeking injury compensation from tour operator First Choice after falling ill while on breaks in the Dominican Republic.
Customers have complained of poor food hygiene standards and vermin-infested bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as blocked toilets and defective showers in what was supposed to be a luxury four-star hotel.
Many say that they suffered acute gastroenteritis as a result of their stay at the Bahia Principe Hotel in San Juan in 2007 and have now banded together to launch an injury compensation claim that could run into the millions.
"There was like a conga line of people being sick with piles of vomit lying everywhere," holidaymaker Karen Morrison told the Scottish Daily Record.
"It was like something from the Village Of The Damned or Michael Jackson’s Thriller video with everyone staggering about like zombies."
The news comes after Emma Moore, who was paralysed in a snowmobile accident on holiday, has been told she can claim injury compensation.