GBP 280,000 injury compensation for latex allergy

A health worker at York Hospital has been awarded GBP 280,000 in injury compensation following a seven-year battle over her potentially fatal allergies.

Fiona Moore, 37, suffers from latex allergy and was dismissed from her job in the dermatology department after telling managers that she could no longer wear latex gloves, the York Press.

The condition means that she cannot go near a number of everyday items and is restricted from wearing certain types of clothes, which can cause her to go into a fatal form of shock.

"No-one will employ me in a safe working environment. It is a life-changing allergy," Ms Moore told the paper.

"I want to make people aware how potentially life-threatening latex allergy can be so that other people take this into account."

The news follows reports that a schoolgirl left temporarily blind after suffering an allergic reaction to hair dye has received GBP 20,000 in injury compensation.ADNFCR-2070-ID-19496740-ADNFCR

GBP 280,000 injury compensation for latex allergy

call now 

01329 227974