Firmed fined GBP 20k after man electrocuted at work

A Kent-based company has been fined GBP 20,000 after one of its employees suffered severe burns in an accident at work.

Bradley Marsh, 28, from Ashford was working for Dwyer Engineering Services Ltd at a construction site in Tovil, Maidstone, when the incident took place on June 12th 2009.

He suffered 62 per cent burns to his upper body, face, neck and arms when he struck an 11,000 volt cable with his jack hammer.

Health and Safety Executive inspector David Fussell said: "This incident was wholly avoidable and demonstrates the need for site safety in the construction sector, especially as contact with live electricity is a common cause of serious incidents."

As well as being fined GBP 20,000, Dwyer Engineering Services Ltd was ordered to pay costs of GBP 14,532.

Last month, three car repair firm owners in Luton – Azhar Mohammed, Izhar Ul Haq and Asif Butt – were fined a total of GBP 4,000 for failing to fix electrical defects that could have caused injury to their workers.

Posted by Trevor BakerADNFCR-2070-ID-800118858-ADNFCR

Firmed fined GBP 20k after man electrocuted at work

call now 

01329 227974