Dangerous gas work results in company fine

A Gloucestershire company has been fined after carrying out dangerous gas works which left a family at serious risk.

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has successfully prosecuted JS Loft Conversions Limited, of Bracken Close, Lydney, and its subcontractor Paul Anthony Joynes, of Hazlewood Close, Cheltenham, as a result of the March 2009 installation.

Mr Joynes replaced a chimney serving a gas fire and replaced it with a flexible gas flue pipe, but a subsequent inspection in December last year found the installation was ‘immediately dangerous’ and the gas engineer immediately reported it to the HSE.

JS Loft Conversions Ltd was fined GBP 2,000 and Mr Joynes was ordered to pay £750 at Stroud Magistrates Court as a result.

Following the hearing, HSE inspector Dominic Goacher said: "Gas appliances which are badly fitted and poorly serviced pose a serious danger. HSE strongly advises everyone to get their gas appliances checked regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer."

Posted by Wayne WeirADNFCR-2070-ID-19807372-ADNFCR

Dangerous gas work results in company fine

call now 

01329 227974